My financial journey began one Sunday afternoon in the early 2000’s, browsing the ‘bookstore’ in my church lobby and discovering a DVD-based program called “Financial Peace University.” After taking the program and subsequently leading others through it, I fell in love with helping people with their finances. So much so that in 2009, I wrote a book on budgeting that is still available today on Amazon, “Get a G.R.A.S.P. on Your Budget and Your Cash”.
As a former engineer-type Information Technology professional with good analytical skills, I wanted to serve the engineering and manufacturing community with today’s most pressing retirement questions for those age 55 and up:
- How long will my investments last into my retirement?
- How will I fund my Long-Term Care expenses?
- Which pension option should I take?
- How do I maximize my Social Security benefits?
- What is the most tax efficient way to withdraw from my accounts?
To answer these questions and many more, you may download my complimentary publication“Engineering Your Retirement Plan” which focuses on the deaccumulation of your investment assets during your retirement years. This has been an on-going study area for me as I recognize there is a retirement crisis in America. People are running out of money too quickly. I create Retirement Plans to help prevent that!
Why I Chose to be a Fiduciary Financial Planner
After many disappointing experiences with my own financial advisors/salespeople over the years, I decided to take an academic approach to prepare for this financial planning career. I completed a Masters of Science degree in Finance (MSF) in 2016. I wanted to help people with their financial goals as an educated consultant, not a certified salesperson working on commissions.
By combining real-life experiences, skills, and academics, my aim is to bring you unique value in developing your personalized financial plan – without the bias or pressure of selling financial products on commission. I believe this is the best way to provide objective advice that is in your best interest.
Education and Credentials
- Master of Science in Finance
- Studied business at Harvard Business School (non-degreed program for IBM Certified Client Executives)
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Computer Science
- On-going education in the Personal Finance area
- “Engineering Your Retirement Plan” available on our Resources page
- “Successful Aging” available on our Resources page
- “25 Key Financial Stats for Financial Health” available on our Resources page
- “Small Group Bible Study Guide for church groups” currently undergoing a rewrite
- “Get a G.R.A.S.P. on Your Budget and Your Cash” available on amazon since 2009
Read further about Kastler Financial Planning core purpose and business vision at About Us and how I serve clients with Financial Planning services as a fiduciary, fee-only financial planner and consultant.