We help ease your anxieties about retirement by helping you visualize your retirement possibilities, creating a personalized Retirement Plan – your path toward a fulfilling retirement
Why We Want to be Your Guide
Years ago, I was looking for unbiased financial advice and couldn’t find it. Questions went unanswered. Over the last 20 years, in both an informal and professional capacity, I found that many others are in the same situation. If you are at or near retirement, you may have these questions or concerns:
- What’s in my investment portfolio (and why)?
- How long will my portfolio last?
- What’s a tax-efficient withdrawal strategy?
- How do I maximize my company’s Retirement Plan benefits?
- How do I turn my asset base into a retirement income strategy?
- When should I turn on Medicare and Social Security?
- What happens with my Stock Plan or executive compensation?
- Exactly what advisory fees am I paying (and why)?
These real-life retirement questions and concerns that turned into a stirring, a passion, and then a ‘calling’ that eventually became Kastler Financial Planning in 2015. Our founder (see meet Mike Kastler) prepared for years before launching his vision to help people with their retirement planning needs.
We are on a Mission!
Uniquely, we have developed the following “5 T’s” of foundational principles:
- Transparency in our fees and contracts
- To be Timely in our responses to you
- Teach with the heart of a teacher
- To be Thoughtful with every Plan creation, as though it was our own
- Being Thankful for the opportunity to serve you
We strive for all this with every client, while providing safe and secure Client Experience and Finishing well in all we do.
Our Value Proposition to You
Starting with an understanding you and your goals, we use our expertise to Help you Visualize your Retirement Possibilities with an in-depth analysis of various retirement dates, portfolio options, and income streams. We make observations, recommendations, with a path toward your best retirement option – all in a written summary we call your Initial Plan. We strongly encourage quarterly or yearly Plan updates to reflect changes in your personal life as well as changes in the marketplace.
For your convenience, we provide you with 24/7 access to your financial dashboard from your home computer. You can review your goals and view all your accounts aggregated into a single dashboard, always knowing how your accounts are performing. Optionally, you can set up your budget and track spending.
We provide all of this as a fiduciary, fee-only, and advice-only financial planning services firm with a transparent fee-for-service contract. No commissions or AUM fees.
Our value proposition to you is removing the anxiety about planning for your retirement. You provide your dreams and goals and we do the heavy lifting to chart a course forward. You are hiring an expert, not a salesperson, to create your Plan.
How Kastler Financial Planning is Different
- Transferring your assets to us is not required. We provide an unbiased financial planning and retirement planning advice regardless of where you hold your money, even if you already have a financial advisor.
- As a fiduciary, we provide Advice-Only financial services on a fee-only basis. We are legally bound and financially incented to put your best interest before our own. That means that you, the client, are our only source of revenue. There are no commissionable products or services that we provide.
- As Advice-Only, we do not perform investment management with the traditional “Assets Under Management” (AUM) fee. See our Investment Management webpage.
- We are a small boutique firm – only handling a small number of select clients. We do this to provide a very personalized and professional client experience. Our aim is to be as thorough as possible in learning about you, your current financial situation, and your life aspirations.
I believe everyone should have access to reasonably priced financial advice without the bias of product sales or commissions
If you’ve been fortunate to accumalate a large asset pool, you shouldn’t have to spend tens of thousands of dollars PER YEAR to have someone manage it.
Kastler Financial Planning in our Local Community
Helping individuals is a primary passion but giving back to the community by volunteering has its many rewards too! Some community give-back activities, spanning over many years, have included helping with Habitat for Humanity, serving ice cream at community concert, retirement workshops at a local library, and teaching high schoolers on careers:
Kastler Financial Planning is also pleased to be a sponsor of the new Business Center at the Clarkston Independence District Library in Clarkston, MI. We frequently hold educational seminars and events there as well as private client meetings.
Some Key Links:
In the Industry…
Businesses must change rapidly to keep up with technology and clients’ ever-increasing expectations. We strive to be ahead of the curve through on-going education, client feedback surveys, and as members of the leading fiduciary networks such as the Fee-Only Network and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA).