Our mission and purpose is to help you Accelerate Your Aspirations with comprehensive financial planning, retirement planning, and investment management services. Our vision is that everyone has access to affordable and professional fiduciary services without the pressure or bias of product sales or commissions.
5 Key Philosophies
- We believe that every client should be served as a High Net Worth client. And that High Net Worth clients should not be penalized with high, uncapped fees.
- We place extra emphasis on the Discovery Phase to get to know you personally including your long-term aspirations and current plans
- Our analysis includes multiple potential scenarios, projections, and courses of action
- We work collaboratively with you throughout the financial planning process
- No single Advisor or Planner has all the answers; we leverage our professional relationships and knowledge base from NAPFA, Horsesmouth, the XY Planning Network, and our money managers
Our Unique Value to You
- We are first and foremost a Financial Planning consultancy
- There is no product sales, no commissions, and no referral fees
- All pricing is provided to you up-front before we ever sign a contract, see our Fee Schedule
- A finance professional writes your personalized Financial Plan, not a salesperson
- We collaborate with you at each step in the Financial Planning Process
- You do not need to move your assets to our control for us to create a Financial Plan
- Only after a written Plan is in place and if needed, we will discuss investment management services to Execute and Monitor the Plan
- If you choose to do Investment Management through us or one of our money managers, we do not physically hold your assets; We use TD Ameritrade, one of the largest custodians in the industry
- We serve clients throughout the U.S. with a fully digital process that is highly secure
Principles for Client Engagements
In every client engagement, we follow the 7 Principles of Financial Planning established by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.’s Code of Ethics. These principles include:
We are a Fiduciary
We are a fiduciary, fee-only, and independent financial consultancy firm. That means that we do not accept commissions or referral fees under any circumstance.
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) sets the definition for fiduciary financial planning advice.
NAPFA’s position is that the Fee-Only method of compensation is the most transparent and objective method available. This model minimizes conflicts and ensures that your financial planner acts as a fiduciary. Fee-Only planners are compensated directly by their clients for advice, plan implementation and for the ongoing management of assets. All NAPFA members are required to work only within the Fee-Only structure, accepting no commissions for their work.” See the full article What is Fee-only Financial Planning? on the NAPFA website.
When you do business with Kastler Financial Planning, you are doing business with a fiduciary at all phases of the financial planning engagement and will receive a signed fiduciary oath.
In the Community…
Helping individuals is a primary passion but giving back to the community by volunteering has its many rewards too! Some community give-back activities, spanning over many years, have included helping with Habitat for Humanity, serving ice cream at community concert, retirement workshops at a local library, and teaching high schoolers on careers:
Kastler Financial Planning is also pleased to be a sponsor of the new Business Center at the Clarkston Independence District Library in Clarkston, MI. We frequently hold educational workshops, seminars and events there as well as private client meetings.
Some Key Links:
Sign up for our eNewsletter here: Newsletter
Read our Insight articles here: Insight Articles
View a 2-min video on Why FEE-ONLY: Why Fee Only Financial Advisor
Looking for a new career? Check here: Careers
In the Industry…
Businesses must change rapidly to keep up with technology and clients’ ever-increasing expectations. We strive to be ahead of the curve through on-going education, client feedback surveys, and as members of the leading fiduciary networks such as the XY Planning Network (XYPN), a national network of independent fee-only fiduciary financial advisors, Fee-Only Network, and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA). We are also active members at Automation Alley and the Clarkston Chamber of Commerce.