Fiduciary Financial Planning and Investment Management Consultancy
As a long-time engineer-type, I learned that if a “plan” isn’t written, there is no plan! I also learned that plans need to accommodate changing circumstances. This is especially true in the world of personal finance and quickly changing economic conditions.
Forming this financial planning consultancy was birthed on many ideas I experienced in the manufacturing and engineering community. See the publication Engineering Your Retirement Plan and our Financial Planning Process as examples. Even the logo you see above contains an automotive “sweep” through the design.
Our Unique Value to You
- Our process is fully digital and highly secure!
- We are first and foremost a Planning consultancy, not product sales people. As a fiduciary we do not receive commissions or referral fees.
- We provide each client with a personalized, written Plan to meet your Goals.
- We collaborate with you at each step of the Financial Planning Process
- Only after a written Plan is in place, will we discuss additional services to Execute and Monitor the Plan
We are a Fiduciary
We are fiduciary financial planning professionals! The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) sets the definition for fiduciary financial planning advice.
NAPFA’s position is that the Fee-Only method of compensation is the most transparent and objective method available. This model minimizes conflicts and ensures that your financial planner acts as a fiduciary. Fee-Only planners are compensated directly by their clients for advice, plan implementation and for the ongoing management of assets. All NAPFA members are required to work only within the Fee-Only structure, accepting no commissions for their work.” See the full What is Fee-only Financial Planning? article on the NAPFA website.
When you do business with Kastler Financial Planning, you are doing business with a fiduciary at all phases of the financial planning engagement. Each client receives a signed fiduciary oath.
Fiduciary Benefits for You
Working with a fiduciary brings unique benefits to each of our clients:
- A finance professional writes your Plan, not a salesperson
- There is no pressure of product sales
- Recommendations are made that are in your best interest, not ours
- Our flat-fee pricing is provided to you up-front before we ever sign a contract
- You do not need to move your money to our control for us to create a Financial Plan
- When you Plan is complete, you can implement it yourself, with our assistance, or with another provider
- You now have a written Plan to get on solid financial footing and a roadmap toward your goals
Principles for Client Engagements
In every client engagement, we follow the 7 Principles of Financial Planning established by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.’s Code of Ethics. These principles include:
In the Community…
Helping individuals is a primary passion but giving back to the community by volunteering has its many rewards too! Some community give-back activities, spanning over many years, have included helping with Habitat for Humanity, serving ice cream at community concert, retirement workshops at a local library, and teaching high schoolers on careers:
Kastler Financial Planning is also pleased to be a sponsor of the new Business Center at the Clarkston Independence District Library in Clarkston, MI. We frequently hold educational workshops, seminars and events there as well as private client meetings.
In the Industry…
Businesses must change rapidly to keep up with technology and clients’ ever-increasing expectations. We strive to be ahead of the curve through on-going education, client feedback surveys, and as members of the leading fiduciary networks such as the XY Planning Network (XYPN), a national network of independent fee-only fiduciary financial advisors, Fee-Only Network, and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA). We are also active members at Automation Alley and the Clarkston Chamber of Commerce.