How We Do It – Our “Process”
We used the six-step financial planning process, as described by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. The process is very professional and the standard for the financial planning industry. These are the major steps and highlights of each step:
- Establish and Define the Client-Planner Relationship
- Clarify issues and concepts related to responsibilities of both parties
- Discuss all disclosures
- Discuss client and planner responsibilities
- One-on-one interviewing and questioning OR electronic form process
- Collection of all documentation
- We will agree on the required steps to complete your financial plan to meet your goals. It is at this time that the client can decide if they can carry out the recommendations themselves, or with the assistance of the financial planner. We will also help coordinate efforts with other professionals as required by the financial plan. For example, we can discuss in detail your estate planning requirements to your Estate Planning Attorney or your tax planning requirements with your CPA.
- We will agree on a regular meeting plan to review the action items, keeping you on track to meet your goals
It All Comes Together
The final documentation will come packaged in a high quality binder that can be used for years to come. In addition to your financial plan, you can store your other pertinent financial and legal documents so that you have everything in one place.